Compartiendo Recuerdos por cuarentena del virus 4


FLOATERS OF MANY SHAPES DAZZLE MY EYES -  By Alexandra Burroughs (N.Carolina, USA)   

As I enter the pool area.
I’ve already used good practices:
Pushed the elevator button with my key;
Placed my fob close, but not touching
On the black square
To open the gate.

I hear their shouts, laughter.

I sit in the shady side, sparsely populated.
Canadians and ‘Northerners’ always relax
On the sunny side carefully coaching
Their lovely tan to an enviable brown
To rouse the long anticipated,
Wow, you look fabulous!” from jealous family,        
Friends, and coworkers.
I, retired from living 30 years in South Florida,
Now hide from the sun.
Too many Mohs treatments
Have mandated my caution.
I wear my sun shirt and straw hat
Into the pool.

The Canadians were invited home
Last week! Covid 19 precautions. A bit eery now.

It makes room for the young’uns
Scattered poolside. Bouncing around
On rafts and rings, most toss a ball back and forth.
As their brightly colored devices reach skyward at sharp angles,
One couple manages to kiss, heads at water level.
I toss back the ball perched in a bush
By my chaise lounge. Oh, no, will I catch the virus?!

I enter the shallow area where our familiar retirees congregate.
We trade stories about plans to go north,
Some to New England, some to the Poconos,
During the next few days.
We’ve changed our departure to WNC
From Monday to Sunday.

With our beaches closed, I guess spring break has arrived in our midst.


SAT WRITES. FAUCI.3.21.20   By Alexandra Burroughs (N.Carolina, USA)
DR. FAUCI

Short, wiry Dr. Fauci
A face, radiant with facts
Tells the story
Of what to expect,
Gives truth
To a hungry citizenry.
   Don’t panic!
   Be judicious
In your movements
In your choices.
Keep a six foot distance.


3 Haiku to the topic:  Ban on going out and quarantine. I wrote it today in the morning.      All the best from (Vienna) and stay healthy By Kurt Svatek

quarantine
what you’d like most is now
being  a bird

you open the door
but only the thoughts
may slip through

flowers in the park                                                                                                                                   do they bloom now                                                                                                                                only for the bees?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario